Tuesday 13 May 2008

Result of Court Case

Yesterday afternoon I received a telephone call from Mi Sol Lawyer Rosario advising me that the judgement of the Court Case held in Elche on 16th April 2008 had been given in our favour.

This morning Committee member Mrs C. McCarthy and I visited the offices of Mi Sol Lawyers to receive the documents which are attached here, and to discuss the implications in more detail.

Because of the importance of this decision to the Community, I have commissioned an official translation of the documents into English, the cost will be in the region of Euro 300. When these documents are available I will post them here, and explain their significance in more detail then.

After double checking with the Lawyers, they advised me that this judgement is final and there is no right of appeal.

Since this judgement was given, two Owners have had their appeal against sentence for debt to the Community heard, they both lost as a direct result of this judgement.

I have arranged further meetings this week with both Mi Sol Lawyers and the Administrators APYME to discuss how best I can help to reunite the Community, whilst protecting the interests of the vast majority of Owners in the light of this judgement.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neill

That is brilliant news, it makes it all seem worth while.

regards
Jean & Pat