Monday 25 June 2007

Meeting with Pepe

Pepe asked me to attend the Office this afternoon to have a discussion, which I was happy to do. As you know from reading these posts I always try to present you with documents and facts, and when such discussions take place, have witnesses to those discussions.

With this in mind I asked Committee member Dorothy to attend, which she very kindly did. Emilia also very kindly attended to aid in translation.

Pepe started by asking if I had posted a copy of the recent Court ruling in Elche regarding the refund of monies paid to Mi Sol by a debtor. I replied that I had done so. Pepe had a copy of the document, but did not say where he got it from. I had previously given Shelagh a copy to give to Pepe , but he said he had not got it from her. However, he also had a copy taken from this Web Log, sent to him by an Owner in England.

He explained he was concerned that divulging this information, would unduly worry Owners, and increase the possibility that other debtors would follow suit in taking action in the Courts.

I explained that Mi Sol should not be some sort of "secret society" and that Owners were entitled to know what was going as it affects all of them. I also said that the majority of those who were likely to take further action were Spanish, and were unlikely to read this Web Log anyway. Also that Paco had made it clear in a public letter, that the other "debtors" were indeed going to make claims in the Courts. I was concerned that neither Pepe or the Lawyers had informed us that these cases were taking place.

Pepe said he did not know that this case had taken place and that he had not received a copy of the judgement from the Court. I explained that the Committee assumed he had been informed by the Lawyers. Dorothy and myself both accepted that Pepe did not indeed know about this case. I then asked Pepe why were we paying the Lawyers, when they appear not to be doing their job. They should have been able to prevent this case or at least defend it better in Court.
Pepe agreed entirely and said he would be questioning the Lawyers fully tomorrow.

A vital point then came to light, the Court document being discussed has three dates on it 8th June, 15th June and 18th June all 2007. The point being this, Mi Sol has 5 Days in which to appeal against the judgement, if we take the latest date 18th June, today is the 25th which even if we say 5 "working" days, by the end of today it will be too late to appeal. We do not know at this moment in time, whether the Lawyers have appealed on our behalf, without instruction from Pepe. Hopefully we will have the answer to this tomorrow.

Pepe is clearly concerned, that I am able to obtain legal documents and post them here when he or the Lawyers have not mentioned them to the Committee. This is not the first time it has happened. I then posed the question, why was it that the other faction could get these documents, in one case, months before we were informed? Who was not telling us what is going on ? It was agreed that if in the future I obtained such documents, Pepe and I would visit Mi Sol Lawyers and hear their side of the story, before posting the documents here.

Pepe had clearly wanted to talk to me because he had received copies of the Web Posts from an Owner(s) in England. I have no problem with that, although some of you may want to question why they would do it, when Pepe only has to ask me for copies, or look in the folder held in the Office which contains printed copies of these Web posts for anyone to see and have printed off.

I pointed out to Pepe, and was able demonstrate to his entire satisfaction, that he was being sent "selective" versions of these posts. That in order to get the full story, he should read the entire Post for himself.

Nothing underhand has been done here, I informed several members of the Committee about this document, and Sheilagh read it for herself, before I posted it here. Pepe was not on Mi Sol at the time, but I did ask Sheilagh to inform him as soon as possible.

No comments: