Thursday 10 April 2008

Pool Contract

At the Committee Meeting of 25th March 2008 held on the Bar Terrace, it was proposed that the Contract for repairing the swimming pool should be signed and the work commissioned.

The vote was 4 members in favour 2 members against the proposal, in view of this I have signed the Contract and work is expected to begin on the 5th May, if things go to plan the Pool should be open for use by the middle of July. A copy of the contract is enclosed.

It should be pointed out that I do not have a vote at the Committee Meetings, except in the case of a tie, when I then have the casting vote. I mention this because I have some reservations as to whether we can in fact afford this contract in the light recent unexpected and large expenses we have incurred, with at least another Social Security bill for Euro 4600 expected soon.

At least one Owner has similar reservations regarding this contract, and presented a letter to that effect at the latest Committee Meeting. A copy is attached.

As the elected President, I am the legal representative of the Community, and I have no intention of allowing the name of Mi Sol to be brought into dis-repute by unethical business practises. With this in mind I visited the premises of the Pool Contractors and explained there might be a possibility we may not be able to fulfil our obligations with regard to the payment dates. I asked them if this situation arose, would they agree to stop work, and recommence again when we had the funds available. They have agreed to this proposal and accepted the contract.

I will make every effort to ensure we keep to the contract, but if we are unable to make any payments, the work will be put on hold and completed when we do have the money.

An electronic access system is also being investigated, with the aim of preventing unauthorised people from gaining entry to the pool once it is completed.





Update.

I have received a comment to this post from Mrs P. Olive, Vice President wishing to clarify what she says was actually said regarding the payments to the Pool contractors. As I do not agree with her comment I am not posting it here, and have also removed the section referring to what I believe she said.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that on Misol at the moment their are too many chiefs, we voted Neil in now let him get on with his job,which would seem to be going ok from were i see it, is this the same as how it happened to all presidents before him,cant get your own way so oiust him grow up comittee and support him

Anonymous said...

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT THOSE NOT IN FAVOUR OF HAVING THE POOL REPAIRED ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE IT.LETS FACE IT IF WE DO NOT HAVE A POOL OR A BAR WHAT FACILITIES DO WE HAVE ON MISOL....NONE WHATSOEVER!!!WILL PEOPLE REALLY WANT TO LIVE HERE?? I DONT THINK SO!!!

Anonymous said...

neill is doing a great job trying to improve the standards on misol.It was looking like a run down gypsy site for a long time but he has really made a difference i.e.gardening WELL DONE NEILL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Val Varney said...

Neill As far as we are concerned you are doing a great job, just what Mi Sol needed. Keep up the good work , long may it last.

Anonymous said...

To anonymous.
I use the pool/Bar but I do like electric/water to my home so money
in the bank to pay this is priorty!
As for Neill he is doing the best he can with what he has got so keep it up Neill.
Please note I have the conviction
to put my name to this not like some.